Thursday, April 21, 2011

An Affair to Remember

I don't really know what piqued my interest in party planning, but I have a feeling it something to do with my sister. We weren't particularly close growing up since we are ten years apart, but now we live within minutes of each other and hours away from the rest of our family and she has become one of my best friends. The thing about Emily is she loves a good tea party. She has two of the most adorable tea sets I have ever seen, and loves to have an occasion to use them. She introduced me to all the essentials of a proper tea. We have had proper crumpets, scones with clotted cream, tarts, cucumber sandwiches, asparagus roll-ups, high tea, noon tea, big parties, and small. The first time I ever hosted a gathering by myself I knew I wanted it to be just like Emily's tea parties. I borrowed her tea set and had a few girls over to join me.

Forgive the odd photo editing, I was new to the process.

These are the easiest tarts to make, and so pretty!

Yum. I think I need to make these again soon!

Tasty cucumber sandwiches.

These pictures are from April 2010 (I think)

1 comment:

  1. So cool! Although, I think that my favorite part of that first "oddly edited" photo is the Christmas wrapping paper below the table. :D It's all just so pretty!

    ReplyDelete